- You must enroll in this course to access course content.
Exit Stage Left
CE Program #8 (1.25 Credits)
The American Academy of Dental Group Practice is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The American Academy of Dental Group Practice designates this activity for 1.5 continuing education credits.
American Acedemy of Dental Group Practice (AADGP)
Nationally Approved PACE Program Peovider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
1/1/2020 to 12/31/2021.
Provider ID# 218360
Exit Stage Left Course Description
Our panelists will discuss the many important factors to consider when developing your Exit Strategy from your Practice.
- The current state of transactions from both a volume and type perspective
- How the COVID Pandemic has impacted valuations and their stability
- The biggest factors that contribute to maximizing the value of practices or groups
- Discuss the differences to selling to a strategic buyer versus a private equity firm
- Steps to take today to prepare for an eventual Exit
- Important factors that should be focused on to maximize the value of a practice or group
Participants Will Learn
At the end of this course the participants will:
- Have a greater understanding into the current environment for acquisitions
- Understand the important external factors influencing the M&A market are
- Learn the majors factors that strategic buyers or private equity firms look for in acquisition candidates
- Understand the differences in selling to a strategic buyer versus a private equity firm
- Have a sequences of events for preparing for the exit
- Understand what factors should be focused on to bring the highest valuation for the practice or group
Co-Founder Aligned Dental Partners
John co-founded and jointly heads Aligned Dental Partners LLC, after spending the last decade working directly with 2,000+ dental practices. John focuses on the analytical aspects of each new client, and develops customized solutions aligned to the goals of each individual practitioner.
Prior to this role, John served as the Chief Development Officer for a New York-based DSO which he co-founded with a dentist investor. John handled all aspects of the due diligence, acquisition and transition phases for affiliated dental offices. John developed a strategic acquisition plan that was used to successfully acquire and assimilate the DSO’s practices. John also oversaw dentist recruitment, identifying top tier, high-talent practitioners to provide outstanding patient care.
Prior to co-founding the DSO, John spent 9 years with the nation’s premier dental consultancy. As the Director of Business Development, John oversaw a team of analysts that assessed 1,000’s of dental practices, both domestically and internationally, each year. Additionally, John personally performed in-depth analysis for many of the largest and most premier dental offices in the country.
John is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University with a degree in business management. John is married and has two young daughters. He can be reached at: email@example.com.
CEO Group Dentistry Now
Bill Neumann is a dental industry veteran with 15+ years of experience in all facets of the industry. He is a DSO consultant and CEO and partner at Group Dentistry Now & JoinDSO. Bill co-founded the first print publication for DSOs, Efficiency in Group Practice, launched the first app for dental product literature, videos, and information, Dental Sales Pro Connect, founded the first dental industry networking platform, Dental Sales Pro, invented the iBarrier, a disposable infection control sleeve, and managed and trained a sales force for dental manufacturer, Coltene/Whaledent. Bill is an advisor for the ADSO and several other dental companies. He sits on the board of Dental Lifeline Network, serves on the OSAP conference committee, and is an international public speaker on DSO topics at many dental events.
Dr. Alex Giannini
CEO Aligned Dental Partners
“Disclosures of Significant Relationships with Relevant Commercial Companies/Organizations
As required by the Program Approval for Continuing Education under the Academy of General Dentistry and in accordance with the American Academy of Dental Group Practice policy, every effort has been made to encourage speakers to disclose any commercial relationships or personal benefit, which may be associated with their presentations. This disclosure in no way implies that the information presented is biased or of lesser quality. Attendees of this meeting should be aware of these factors in interpreting the program contents and evaluating recommendations. Moreover, views of speakers do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the American Academy of Dental Group Practice.”